There are 8 playable races in planar conquest. Each have their own units and cities. Depending upon the initial sorcerer lords race, there are unrest values depending upon how each races interacts. Each race also makes use of different terrain in different ways, and some will start on different planes of existence. Each race has significant pros and cons, and will be discussed below.
There are 8 playable races in Planar Conquest.
- Dark Elves - medium boost to power from population, slow city growth.
- Draconians - all Draconian units can fly, small boost to power from population, slow city growth.
- Dwarves - tough but slow units and good production output.
- Grey Elves - a lot of ranged units, small boost to power from population, slow city growth.
- High Men - race designed to be average in every respect.
- Myrodants - good production output, varied units
- Orcs - strong early game infantry, best coastal cities, but no ranged units.
- Unhallowed - Undead that need corrupted area and dark energy to grow their cities.
In multi-racial empire, race of your capital city (the one with wizard's tower) decides initial unrest in each city.
Maximum population of a city depends on what tiles city has in range. Each race provides bigger population bonus for one tile type.
- Plains - Max Population bonus: 1.5 (High Men: 2)
- Hills - Max Population bonus: 0.5
- Forests - Max Population bonus: 0.5 (Grey Elves: 1)
- Mountains - Max Population bonus: 0 (Dwarves: 1) (Draconians: 1)
- Deserts - Max Population bonus: 0 (Myrodants: 1)
- Swamps - Max Population bonus: 0.5 (Dark Elves: 1)
- Tundras - Max Population bonus: 0.5
- Shores - Max Population bonus: 0.5 (Orcs: 1.5)
Each unit of population (equivalent to each full 1000 of citie's population), can be assigned to one of 3 available jobs: Farmer, Craftsman and Sage.
|Dark Elves||2 Food, 0.5 Production, 1 Power||2 Production, 1 Power||2 Research, 1 Power|
|Draconians||2 Food, 0.5 Production, 0.5 Power||2 Production, 0.5 Power||2 Research, 0.5 Power|
|Dwarves||2 Food, 0.5 Production||3 Production||2 Research|
|Grey Elves||2 Food, 0.5 Production, 0.5 Power||2 Production, 0.5 Power||2 Research, 0.5 Power|
|High Men||2 Food, 0.5 Production||2 Production||2 Research|
|Myrodants||2 Food, 0.5 Production||3 Production||2 Research|
|Orcs||2 Food, 0.5 Production||2 Production||2 Research|
|Unhallowed||2.5 Dark Energy, 0.5 Production||2.5 Production||2 Research|